Climbing Higher, Growing stronger

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Our Journey with Angels

Just thought I would give a quick update on how our family is doing. Russell just began school a couple weeks ago. He is taking his last year at USU and is also student teaching seminary. He loves teaching!! I am taking my last class online and should be finished in a month!! YAY! I finally got into the endocrinologist about 3 weeks ago, I was very impressed by her! She took me off synthroid because she thinks I don't actually have hypothyroidism, but that I had a temporary thyroiditis. The ten days after going off the meds were terrible. I passed out several times throughout the week and I was out for 45 min to an hour each time. The episodes had never been that bad before, but we stuck it out because we needed to wait 5 weeks to retest my blood once it was out of my system to make sure that I really didn't have hypothyroidism. The past ten days have been the best yet!! I have passed out, but just a couple times, and they were very short. In about 2 weeks we hopefully should find some answers.

It has been a journey... but that's okay. That is what life is. This experience has helped us to better see the hand of the Lord in our lives. He has blessed us so much!! And I know there have been angels with James to comfort and protect him while I have not been doing well. When I first got sick, James would lay on top of me and just cry and cry and cry when I would pass out. I was so worried about James and how this was affecting him. After the first week or so, Russell gave him a Priesthood blessing and since then James has stopped crying. He will usually sit two feet away and quietly play with his toys, every few minutes he will come check on me and give me a hug and then go back to playing. Some days he would be so fussy all day long, but when I passed out he would be as calm as could be. I know that the Lord has been with us through it all. We are in His hands and He has allowed angels to be our associates.

No comments:

Post a Comment