Climbing Higher, Growing stronger

Thursday, September 29, 2011

He is our Embrace!

This week has been a more difficult one. On top of James having to say bye-bye to his dear binky, he cut his finger yesterday and blood was everywhere. I could neither stop it from bleeding nor get him to sit still enough to wrap it up. We went to the doctor, where everyone looked at me like a terrible mom. But we finally got it taken care of and then found out we would have to give him another TDAP vaccine today because of the cut. Poor James, good thing for suckers!! Once we got home and got him down for his nap, I was so exhausted and just cried. Despite the tears, I could feel God's love tell me that everything would be alright. That He is HERE and He loves me. I do not doubt the Lord is with us. I feel his love strengthen me through all of our trials, even the seemingly small trials which still make me feel so weak at times.

He is HOPE,
              He is LIGHT,
                              He is LOVE,
                                           And He is ever ready to be our EMBRACE.

My dear cousin, inspired as she is, posted this video on her blog. It was just what I needed this week. A great reminder of comfort and the power of the atonement and God's love.

It makes me so excited for General Conference this weekend where we can hear the voice of the Lord through Prophets. To find out more about watching/listening to General Conference by going to: lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment